Shakuhachi for sale – natural jinashi
When making jinashi shakuhachi I seek to retain the spirit that was imparted to the bamboo by nature. In this way, each piece of bamboo is a wonderful puzzle for me to solve and every finished shakuhachi is irreplaceable. All of my shakuhachi for sale are made from Japanese Madake bamboo which I harvested. Most are made from rare goma madake which is madake bamboo that has died and cured out in nature giving it beautiful spalting colorations. All of the shakuhachi for sale were made to play traditional honkyoku music which I also teach. I have extensive knowledge across many styles of both old Edo period honkyoku as well as modern honkyoku styles such as Watazumi’s lineage and Jin Nyodo’s. I am happy to go into detail on any shakuhachi to help you make an informed decision.
- If you need an affordable 1.8 “D” shakuhachi for lessons contact me and I will be happy to assist you in acquiring one
- I am happy to give you a live demo of any shakuhachi over video chat or send you an mp3
- You can see reviews of my shakuhachi here
- Urushi lacquer is available
- You may also find my article answering the question “Why are shakuhachi expensive?” of interest
(click picture to go to page)